Crispy Apple Chips
These sweet, delicate munchies with satisfy your midday urge for a crunch. If you prefer chewy chips, though, remove them from the oven after 90 minutes.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
3 small apples (any variety), stemmed
1. Preheat oven to 275°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Using a sharp knife or mandoline, slice apples into 1/8-inch-thick rounds, cutting widthwise through the core. Arrange slices close together in a single layer but not overlapping. Bake for 2 hours, until apples are dry and crisp.
3. Enjoy warm, or carefully remove slices from sheets and transfer to a wire rack to cool. Store at room temperature for 3 to 4 days.
- Serving Size 1 apple
- Calories 77
- Carbohydrate Content 21 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 0 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 2 mg
- Sugar Content 15 g