Grilled Dark Cherry Crumble Foil-Packet
It really doesn’t get any easier than this foil-packet cherry crumble! For the fastest prep, opt for frozen cherries, which are already pitted, and thaw them overnight in the fridge. Be sure to drain any cherry juices after thawing to keep your crumble from becoming soggy. We love the tangy taste of Greek yogurt, but if you prefer a sweeter topping, try vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Find more cherry recipes here!
- 3 cups fresh or frozen pitted dark sweet cherries, thawed (TIP: You can also use sour cherries if you prefer. You’ll need to add an additional 2 tbsp coconut sugar into the cherry mixture in Step Two.)
- 1 tsp each pure vanilla and pure almond extract
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar, divided
- 3 tbsp whole-wheat flour, divided
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup chopped raw unsalted almonds
- 1/4 cup cold organic unsalted butter, cubed (TRY: Horizon Organic Unsalted Butter)
- 1/3 cup whole-milk Greek yogurt, optional
- Heat a grill to medium-high. Line a 24-inch-long piece of heavy-duty foil with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, toss together cherries, vanilla extract, almond extract, 1/4 cup sugar and 1 tbsp flour. In a separate bowl, stir together oats, almonds and remaining 1/4 cup sugar and 2 tbsp flour; using a pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in butter until crumbly.
- Spoon cherry mixture into center of parchment and sprinkle with oat mixture. Bring short edges of foil together, then fold inward a few times along each long edge to seal packet. Place on grill and reduce heat to medium-low. Close lid and cook until cherries are softened and oats are lightly browned, about 20 minutes. Serve with yogurt (if using).
Oven Variation: Bake packet on a rimmed baking sheet in a 350˚F oven until cherries are softened and oats are lightly browned, about 20 minutes.
- Serving Size 1/8 of recipe
- Calories 208
- Carbohydrate Content 32 g
- Cholesterol Content 15 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 7 mg
- Sugar Content 23 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g