Peach Streusel Cupcakes
Our handy take on the classic German dessert maintains the decadent crumb topping but switches it up as personal-size cupcakes, with only 137 calories each!
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 1/2 cup coconut flour (56 g)
- 1 tbsp arrowroot powder (8 g)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp powdered stevia
- 1 large egg
- 4 egg whites
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 large peach, peeled, pitted and diced (1/2 cup)
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 oz unsalted pecan halves
- 1 tablespoon all natural, no-sugar-added applesauce
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 10 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, add flour, arrowroot, baking soda, 1 tsp cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and stevia. Whisk well, breaking up lumps.
- Add egg, egg whites, coconut oil, milk and ricotta.
- Using a handheld mixer on low speed, beat mixture, stopping once or twice to scrape down sides of bowl.
- Continue beating, increasing speed to high for 2 minutes, until no lumps remain. Fold in peaches. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
- In the bowl of a food processor, add oats, pecans and remaining 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Pulse several times, for 5 to 10 seconds each, until pecans are broken into uniformly small pieces.
- Add applesauce and maple syrup, and pulse a few more times, until thoroughly combined.
- Top each batter in each muffin cup with 1 heaping tbsp pecan mixture.
- Bake for 20 to 22 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack and let cool completely, about 1 hour.
- TIP: To easily peel a peach, drop it in a pot of boiling water for 1 minute. Transfer to a bowl of ice water and cool for a few minutes. The skin will easily slip off.
- Serving Size 1 cupcake
- Calories 137
- Carbohydrate Content 14 g
- Cholesterol Content 23 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 184 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g