Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Got a few more minutes? Make our 5-Minute Guacamole: Mash together 2 ripe avocados, 1 minced shallot and 2 minced cloves garlic. Mix in 1 small diced tomato, 1 tsp lime juice, 1/2 tsp sea salt and 1/4 tsp ground black pepper. Stir to combine.
Heart helpers: The kidney beans in this protein-packed chili are an excellent source of soluble fiber, a type of fiber that aids in weight management by keeping you full for longer. Additionally, clinical studies have shown that beans may help prevent cardiovascular disease by reducing inflammation.
1. In a small bowl, combine all seasoning mix ingredients; set aside.
2. In a large pot on medium-high, heat oil. Add onion and sauté until softened, about 2 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds, until fragrant. Add beef, tamari and seasoning mix. Cook, stirring, until beef is no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, beans corn and broth; bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes.
3. Divide mixture among bowls. Top each bowl with desired optional toppings.
- Serving Size 1/4 of recipe
- Calories 502
- Carbohydrate Content 33 g
- Cholesterol Content 111 mg
- Fat Content 21 g
- Fiber Content 11 g
- Protein Content 44 g
- Saturated Fat Content 7 g
- Sodium Content 886 mg
- Sugar Content 10 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 10 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g