Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- Preheat oven to 425°F; line a large baking sheet with parchment. Rub chicken with enough oil to coat; season with garlic powder and one-half each of salt and pepper. Spread on baking sheet and bake until cooked through, 12 to 15 minutes, flipping halfway. Transfer to a cutting board. When cool enough to handle, shred. Reduce oven to 200°F.
- Meanwhile, heat a large nonstick skillet on medium; add enough oil to coat. Add spinach, a handful at a time, until one-half of spinach is in skillet. Add one-half of garlic, one-half of onion and one-half of oregano; season with pinch of salt. Cook, stirring, until spinach has wilted, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a colander. Repeat with oil, remaining one-half each of spinach, garlic, onion and oregano and pinch of salt.
- Wipe out skillet; place on medium heat and add enough oil to coat pan. Add 2 tortillas; top each with spinach, chicken and both cheeses, spreading evenly. Top each with another tortilla and cook until bottom tortillas are golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Carefully flip and cook until cheeses have melted and both sides are golden, 1 to 2 minutes longer. Transfer quesadillas to oven to keep warm; repeat with remaining oil, tortillas, spinach, chicken and cheese. Cut quesadillas into wedges.
- Serving Size ¼ of recipe
- Calories 621
- Carbohydrate Content 32 g
- Cholesterol Content 140 mg
- Fat Content 38 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 35 g
- Saturated Fat Content 13 g
- Sodium Content 887 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 21 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 3 g