Sweet Potato Sliders
Swap the buns for sweet potato rounds for a healthy — and satisfying — twist on a classic.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 1 large sweet potato, cut into 12 ¼-inch rounds
- 1 tbsp avocado oil, divided
- Pinch sea salt and ground black pepper
- 1 lb ground bison or beef
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ tsp each garlic powder, onion powder, chile powder and black pepper
- ¼ tsp each ground cumin and sea salt
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and mashed
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Toss potato rounds with ½ tbsp oil, salt and pepper. Roast on a parchment-lined baking sheet for 10 minutes per side until softened.
2. In a bowl, combine bison, garlic powder, onion powder, chile powder, black pepper, cumin and salt. Form into 6 patties. In a large cast iron skillet on medium-high, heat remaining ½ tbsp oil. Cook patties 4 to 5 minutes per side.
3. Combine avocado, cilantro and lime juice. Place each burger and a dollop avocado mixture between 2 potato rounds.