Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Your Make-Ahead Game Plan
Tis the season for family gatherings, delicious food and drink – and for many of us, some serious overindulging. We’re all in favor of enjoying the holidays to the max, but in order to do it right, we’ve created this lavish, Clean Eating–approved menu so you’ll feel good about every bite. Of course, we cover the old favorites, but we also manage to add a few new twists, such as a tangy pomegranate glaze for the turkey, apples and ginger to punch up the cranberry sauce, roasted chestnuts to toss with your crisp green beans, and more. And just in case you and your dinner guests still have room (who doesn’t on Thanksgiving, really?), there’s also a creamy seasonal dessert to top it all off.
Plus, we’ve simplified your planning by offering time-saving tips for each recipe and a day-by-day game plan so you can get started on the dinner preparations up to five days in advance and be ready to socialize once the doorbell rings on the big day. Our complete holiday meal will feed everyone’s health and soul. Now that’s truly something to be grateful for.
Use our handy checklist during the days leading up to the big event to make your Turkey Day meal a no-stress affair.
- Pomegranate-Glazed Stuffed Roast Turkey
- Cranberry Sauce with Apples and Ginger
- Mushroom & Leek Stuffing
- Coconut Cardamon Sweet Potatoes
- Green Beans with Roasted Chestnuts
- Spiced Pumpkin Mousse
Related: The Traditional Holiday Menu
Three to Five Days Before
Prepare: Cranberry Sauce with Apples & Ginger
Two Days Before
- Mushroom & Leek Stuffing through Step One.
- Green Beans with Roasted Chestnuts through Step One.
- Coconut Cardamom Sweet Potatoes through Step Two.
The Day Before
The Same Day
- Finish pumpkin mousse up to 5 hours before serving.
- Bring stuffing ingredients and turkey to room temperature.
- Complete stuffing.
- Finish turkey prep and proceed with recipe. Reheat glaze, and use as directed in recipe.
- Bake Coconut-Cardamom Sweet Potatoes.
- Bring Cranberry Sauce with Apples & Ginger to room temperature.
- Bring green beans to room temperature.
- Complete Green Beans with Roasted Chestnuts.
Related:The Bold Holiday Menu.