This Artichoke & Olive Pasta is the Easy Dinner Solution You’ve Been Looking For
This just might be the easiest pasta recipe you'll ever make.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Pasta doesn’t have to be complicated. You can create a wholly impressive pasta dish in under half an hour – and no one will realize how easily it came together. When you’re working with limited time and need something that’ll satisfy and look gorgeous on your dinner table, make this Artichoke & Olive Pasta.
The prep required to make this Artichoke & Olive Pasta is super minimal. In fact, you only have to do a little chopping and mincing before you get cooking. Honestly the longest part of cooking this recipe is waiting for your pasta water to boil!
And if you’re hoping to utilize items you don’t have to shop for, this pasta might be perfect. It’s a meal that can be made with items you might already have in your kitchen – whole-grain spaghetti, jarred artichoke hearts, canned (or fresh!) green olives, garlic, and Parmesan might be sitting in your cupboard or fridge right now. And if you’ve got an at-home herb garden, you may even have fresh basil on hand too. Break out these ingredients, and you’ll have perhaps the easiest pasta ever ready to serve.
Need more easy pasta recipes in your rotation? Try:
Artichoke & Olive Pasta
- 8 oz whole-grain spaghetti
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup green olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1 8-oz jar artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup basil leaves, torn + more for garnish
- ⅓ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1⁄4 tsp each sea salt and ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 tsp red chile flakes and Parmesan, optional
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium, heat oil. Add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds, or until fragrant. Add olives and artichoke hearts and sauté for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Reserve 2 cups of pasta water. Drain pasta and add to skillet with olive mixture. Add reserved pasta water,
lemon zest and juice, basil, almonds, salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Garnish with fresh basil and, if using, sprinkle with chile flakes and Parmesan.