Cheddar Broccoli Quinoa-Crusted Quiche
Quiche is the perfect make-ahead recipe as it’s delicious warm from the oven, cold or even reheated the next day for a filling breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 large egg, beaten
- ¼ tsp each sea salt and ground black pepper
- 4 slices bacon (TIP: Look for lower sodium varieties)
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1½ cups broccoli florets
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ⅓ cup whole milk
- ½ tsp each sea salt and ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. In a large bowl, combine cooked quinoa, 1 egg and ¼ tsp each salt and pepper. Lightly press mixture evenly into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie plate; bake 20 minutes.
2. Place bacon slices in a skillet on medium heat. Cook for 10 minutes, turning halfway, until crispy. Remove bacon to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Chop into pieces.
3. Wipe skillet and add onion; sauté
5 minutes. Add broccoli and sauté
until broccoli is tender and vibrant green, about 5 minutes more.
4. In a bowl, whisk together 5 eggs, cheese and milk. Season with salt
5. Remove pie pan from oven and spread sautéed onion, broccoli and bacon over baked crust. Gently pour egg mixture over filling. Bake until eggs are set, about 40 minutes.
- Serving Size 1/4 of quiche
- Calories 403
- Carbohydrate Content 25 g
- Cholesterol Content 318 mg
- Fat Content 22 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 25 g
- Saturated Fat Content 9 g
- Sodium Content 756 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g