Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- Prepare Cheesecake Filling: In a food processor, blend both cheeses, honey and vanilla, stopping to scrape sides of bowl, until smooth. Spoon mixture into a piping bag. (Alternatively, use a small resealable bag with a small piece snipped off 1 corner). Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare Lemon Shortbread: In a large bowl, add flour, butter, honey and zest; mix with a fork until well blended and a dough is formed.
- Form into 36 tablespoon-size balls. Place balls in cups of a nonstick mini muffin or mini tartlet pan. Use the back of a spoon or your thumb to press each ball onto bottom and partway up side of each cup (dough should be quite thin) to make an indentation to hold preserves. Spoon 1/2 tsp fruit preserves into each cup.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden and firm. Transfer pan to a rack and let cool for 5 minutes. Remove tartlets from pan and let cool completely on rack, about 20 minutes.
- Pipe about 1 tsp Cheesecake Filling onto each tartlet, then top with berries. Leftover 4 oz Cheesecake Filling can be kept, covered, in refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- Serving Size 1 tartlet
- Calories 90
- Carbohydrate Content 12 g
- Cholesterol Content 10 mg
- Fat Content 4.5 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 20 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g