Chive & Macadamia Nut Pesto
Pesto is not only great to have on hand for quick pastas, soups and sandwiches, but it's also delicious with scrambled eggs or tofu and whole-grain toast. Use it immediately, store in the fridge for up to 3 days, or freeze it for future enjoyment. It is a clever way to use up all your garden-fresh herbs that are in abundance right now.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Want more pesto? Try this recipe!
- 1 bunch fresh chives
- 2 1/3 oz raw unsalted macadamia nuts
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 to 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus additional, as needed
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- To a food processor, add all ingredients and process until smooth, 2 minutes. Add additional oil, as needed, to reach desired consistency. Store in a small airtight container in the fridge if using within 3 days, or store in the freezer for future use.
- Serving Size 2 tsp
- Calories 110
- Carbohydrate Content 3 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 42 mg
- Sugar Content 1 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 8 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g