Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
READER RECIPE TESTER
St. Catharines, Ontario
“I feel that it’s so important to provide your body and soul with foods that are natural and healthy for you. When I eat processed foods, I feel awful. I like knowing what I’m putting in my body. Long ingredient lists scare me.”
Love this Clean Eating Banana Bread? Try our recipe for Walnut Blueberry Banana Bread!
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, flaxseed and salt.
- In a large bowl, with a hand mixer, beat bananas until smooth. Add egg whites and beat until combined. Gradually mix in applesauce, honey and safflower oil.
- Mix dry ingredients into banana mixture; stir in chocolate.
- Mist a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray. Pour batter into pan and bake for 45 minutes, or until browned on top.
- Serving Size 1/12 of bread
- Calories 182
- Carbohydrate Content 32 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 6 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 74 mg
- Sugar Content 16 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 3 g