Cucumber Dill Salmon Patties with Lemon Caper Mayo
Looking for tasty new ways to put your cucumber crop to good use? Add them to burgers! Here, we’ve mixed small, sweet Persian cucumbers into healthy salmon patties to make them extra juicy. Serve with tomato slices on a large, sturdy lettuce leaf, such as Boston lettuce or radicchio, or on a whole-grain bun
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Want more salmon burger recipes? Click here.
- 2 small Persian cucumbers, roughly chopped
- 1/4 large red onion, diced (about ¼ cup)
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 lb boneless, skinless salmon fillet
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup whole-grain bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard (TRY:Woodstock Organic Dijon Mustard)
- 1 tsp wasabi paste
- 1/4 tsp each sea salt and ground black pepper
Lemon caper mayo
- 1/4 cup olive oil mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp capers, drained, rinsed and chopped
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- In a food processor, pulse cucumbers, onion and lemon juice until finely chopped. Add salmon and pulse until coarsely chopped. Add egg, bread crumbs, dill, mustard, wasabi paste, salt and pepper and pulse until just combined.
- Line a large plate with parchment paper. Shape salmon mixture into 6 patties and arrange in a single layer on plate. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat a grill to high and lightly brush grates with cooking oil. Place patties on grill, close lid and grill until bottoms are grill-marked, about 5 minutes. Turn, close lid and grill until an instant-read thermometer reaches 145°F when inserted in thickest part, about 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare Lemon Caper Mayo: In a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, capers and lemon zest. Serve with patties.
- Serving Size 1 patty and 2 tsp mayo
- Calories 187
- Carbohydrate Content 4 g
- Cholesterol Content 70 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 17 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 293 mg
- Sugar Content 1 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 4 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 5 g