Curried Coconut Chicken with Linguine
A creamy curried sauce is a delicious way to jazz up simple boneless, skinless chicken breasts. You can easily swap out the chicken breasts for boneless, skinless chicken thighs or shrimp, if you prefer. Coconut milk often separates in the can, so be sure to give it a good shake before opening.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 1 1/4 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 4 tsp curry powder, divided
- 3/4 tsp each sea salt and ground black pepper, divided
- 1 tbsp safflower oil
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups jarred, boxed or BPA-free-canned unsalted diced tomatoes
- 1 13½-oz BPA-free can coconut milk
- 1 15-oz BPA-free can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 10 oz whole-grain linguine
- 1/4 cup packed fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 lime, cut into wedges, optional
- In a large bowl, toss together chicken, 2 tsp curry powder and ½ tsp each salt and black pepper. Mist a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat on medium-high. Add chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, just until golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a clean bowl and set aside.
- In same skillet, heat oil on medium. Add onion and bell peppers and cook, stirring occasionally, until peppers are tender-crisp and lightly browned, about 5 to 6 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in tomatoes, coconut milk, remaining 2 tsp curry powder and remaining ¼ tsp each salt and black pepper. Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a simmer. Stir in chickpeas and chicken and any accumulated juices and simmer, stirring occasionally and reducing heat if mixture starts to boil, until chicken is no longer pink inside and bell peppers are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta al dente according to package directions; drain. Divide pasta among plates and top with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with lime wedges (if using).
- Serving Size 1 cup chicken mixture and 3/4 cup pasta
- Calories 514
- Carbohydrate Content 57 g
- Cholesterol Content 69 mg
- Fat Content 17 g
- Fiber Content 12 g
- Protein Content 35 g
- Saturated Fat Content 11 g
- Sodium Content 368 mg
- Sugar Content 11 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 3 g