Fiery Cranberry Sauce
Sweet, tart, creamy and warmly spicy, this sauce works as a side dish with meats as well as on sandwiches made with any leftovers.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 1/2 yellow onion, cut into 4 to 6 chunks
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries (thawed if frozen)
- 1/3 cup organic evaporated cane juice (try: Wholesome Sweeteners Organic Sugar)
- 1 tbsp fresh grated horseradish, plus additional to taste
- 1/3 cup whole-milk plain Greek yogurt
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- In a food processor, combine onion, cranberries, cane juice and horseradish and pulse to roughly chop. Transfer to a bowl and stir in yogurt, additional horseradish, salt and pepper. Transfer to a resealable container or serving dish and set aside in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Serving Size 1/4 cup cranberry sauce
- Calories 48
- Carbohydrate Content 10 g
- Cholesterol Content 1 mg
- Fat Content 1 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 27 mg
- Sugar Content 8 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g