Honeydew & Blackberry Bowl with Basil & Lime Drizzle
The herbal taste of basil with lime juice and a touch of salt and pepper make the fruits in this bowl taste even sweeter. Mix and match with your favorite melons and berries.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 1 lb honeydew melon, seeded, peeled and cut into chunks (about ½ small melon)
- 1 cup blackberries, divided
- 1 tsp finely grated lime zest + 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp organic evaporated cane juice (aka organic sugar)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves, divided
- Pinch each sea salt and ground black pepper
1. To a serving bowl, add melon and ½ cup blackberries (or divide among individual bowls); refrigerate.
2. To a small saucepan on low, add lime zest and juice, cane juice and 2 tbsp water, stirring occasionally, until cane juice dissolves, about 5 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
3. In a small bowl, combine remaining ½ cup blackberries, lime juice mixture, 2 tbsp basil, salt and pepper. Mash until berries are broken down and mixture looks saucy; drizzle over fruit. Garnish with remaining 2 tbsp basil.
- Serving Size ¼ of recipe
- Calories 48
- Carbohydrate Content 12 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 39 mg
- Sugar Content 9 g