Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Taco night just got interesting. This recipe is simple enough to make, but the flavors are complex, bright, and fresh. Swiss chard and zucchini are both nutritionally-dense vegetables that, when cooked properly, soften into tender taco ingredients. But, of course, the star of the show is kimchi, which is drained and mixed into the vegetable and tofu base. The balance of kimchi’s heat, salt, and lactic acid creates an acidic bite perfect to counterbalance the more plain tofu.
- In a large skillet on medium, heat sesame oil. Add organic firm tofu and cook for 3 minutes. Add reduced-sodium tamari, garlic powder, diced zucchini, Swiss chard leaves, scallions, pinch ground cayenne pepper, sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Mix in drained kimchi and remove from heat. Divide tofu mixture among corn tortillas, heated. Garnish with chives, fresh cilantro leaves, chopped raw unsalted peanuts and juice of 1 large lime.
- Calories 0
- Carbohydrate Content 0 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 0 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 0 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g