Roasted Garlic Tomato Pasta
Roasting tomatoes and garlic to make fresh pasta sauce gives it a deep, rich and smoky flavor that takes hearty chickpea pasta to the next level.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 4 large tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 yellow onion, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ tsp raw honey
- 1 lb chickpea penne pasta (or your choice of pasta)
- ½ cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a bowl, toss tomatoes, garlic, onion, oil, salt and pepper; spread evenly on baking sheet. Roast for 20 minutes.
- Carefully transfer roasted vegetables to a blended or food processor; add yogurt and honey and blend until smooth.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta and top with fresh sauce, basil and Parmesan.
NOTE: If following our Meal Plan, refrigerate cooked pasta and sauce in separate containers. Reheat when called for.
- Serving Size ¼ of recipe
- Calories 607
- Carbohydrate Content 76.5 g
- Cholesterol Content 8 mg
- Fat Content 24 g
- Fiber Content 19 g
- Protein Content 35 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 425 mg
- Sugar Content 17 g