Roasted Root Vegetables with Tahini Basil Drizzle
Brighten up roasted vegetables with this rich and creamy tahini basil sauce.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
4 tricolor carrots, cut into ½-inch sticks
4 parsnips, cut into ½-inch sticks
5 tbsp olive oil, divided
¼ tsp each sea salt and ground black pepper, divided
¾ cup loosely packed fresh basil
3 tbsp tahini
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tbsp raw honey
2 tbsp crumbled full-fat feta cheese
2 tbsp pomegranate seeds
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Divide carrots and parsnips between two large parchment-lined baking sheets; divide 1 tbsp oil and 1/8 tsp each salt and pepper among sheets. Toss to coat. Bake until softened and just starting to brown on edges, about 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a small blender combine basil, ¼ cup water, tahini, vinegar, honey, remaining ¼ cup oil and remaining ⅛ tsp each salt and pepper. Blend until smooth. Add 1 to 2 tbsp water to thin, if necessary, to achieve a drizzling consistency.
3. Arrange vegetables on a platter, drizzle with sauce and sprinkle with cheese and seeds.
- Serving Size 1/6 of recipe
- Calories 216
- Carbohydrate Content 17 g
- Cholesterol Content 3 mg
- Fat Content 16 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 146 mg
- Sugar Content 8 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 10 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 3 g