Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. On a large baking sheet, drizzle 1 tbsp oil on onion, tomatillos and garlic and roast for 8 to 10 minutes, until lightly caramelized. In a blender or food processor, purée roasted vegetables, jalapeño and ½ cup broth.
2. In a bowl, toss chicken with paprika, cumin, salt and pepper. In a large saucepan on medium-high, heat 2 tsp oil. Add chicken and cook, turning occasionally, until browned, 4 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
3. In same pan, heat remaining 1 tsp oil on medium. Add carrots and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Add remaining 1 cup broth and reserved puréed vegetables; bring to a simmer. Return chicken to pan. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer for 10 minutes. Add tomatoes; simmer until tomatoes are softened and chicken is cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes more.
- Serving Size 1/4 of recipe
- Calories 255
- Carbohydrate Content 11 g
- Cholesterol Content 107 mg
- Fat Content 13 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 25.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 629 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 7 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g