Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen mango, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen pineapple, divided
- 1 13.5-oz BPA-free can coconut milk, chilled overnight
- 1⁄2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup strawberries, chopped
- Chop one-third of each mango and pineapple into smaller pieces and set aside for garnish.
- Open chilled can of coconut milk and remove cream (cream will have separated from water). Reserve liquid for another use.
- To a blender, add coconut cream, maple syrup and vanilla and blend until well incorporated. Add remaining two-thirds each mango and pineapple and blend on medium, scraping down sides, until incorporated but not completely smooth (there should be coarse chunks of fruit left).
- Transfer mixture to a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan; garnish with reserved mango and pineapple, along with strawberry. Cover tightly with a lid or eco-friendly beeswax wrap and freeze for 4 to 5 hours, or overnight. Remove from freezer, scoop and serve immediately.
- Serving Size 1/6 of recipe
- Calories 233
- Carbohydrate Content 33 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 10 g
- Sodium Content 13 mg
- Sugar Content 25 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g