Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Using a paring knife, remove the stems from the mushroom caps and chop them finely. Set caps aside.
2. In a large ovenproof skillet on medium, heat 1 tbsp oil. Add chopped mushroom stems and shallots and cook, stirring often, until tender, about
4 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 20 seconds. Pour mushroom mixture into a large bowl and set skillet aside.
3. Add turkey, bread crumbs, cheese, parsley, lemon juice, salt and pepper to mushroom mixture and stir well to combine. Stuff into mushroom caps, mounding filling. Arrange stuffed mushrooms in a single layer in reserved skillet. Drizzle with remaining 1 tbsp oil.
4. Bake until mushrooms are tender when pierced with a fork and turkey is no longer pink, about 30 minutes. Sprinkle with smoked paprika (if using) and additional cheese and parsley.
MAKE AHEAD: Prepare mushrooms through Step 3. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate up to 3 days. Uncover and bake as directed, adding 5 to 10 minutes to baking time.
- Serving Size 2 stuffed mushrooms
- Calories 106
- Carbohydrate Content 4.5 g
- Cholesterol Content 24 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 161 mg
- Sugar Content 1 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 4 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g