Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
If you’re in the mood for a sweet, delicious and individual-sized dessert, look no further. This caramel cheesecake is perfect for date night and an easy form of cheesecake, which is normally quite a difficult recipe to make. The use of Greek yogurt provides a healthy, whole source of protein and organic cane juice has a plethora of surprising benefits like enhancing liver function, easing digestion and keeps bad breath and tooth decay at bay. Of course, experts recommend taking sugarcane in moderation.
Find more dessert recipes here!
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small saucepan, combine Sucanat and 2 tbsp water. Place on medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Continue boiling gently until slightly thickened, 30 to 45 seconds. Divide mixture evenly among 6 4-oz ramekins.
- In a food processor fitted with a steel blade, pulse cream cheese, eggs, yogurt and cane juice until well combined. Spoon into ramekins over top of Sucanat mixture, dividing evenly. Set ramekins inside a 9 x 13-inch baking pan and fill pan halfway with warm water. Transfer pan to oven and bake for 22 to 30 minutes or until the tip of a knife inserted into center of cheesecakes comes out clean. Turn oven off and let cheesecakes cool to room temperature inside oven (this will help prevent cracking).
- To serve, run a knife around the inside edge of each ramekin to loosen cheesecake. Transfer ramekins to a pan of very hot water for 5 minutes to loosen caramel, then remove from water and carefully invert onto serving plates.
- NOTE: Don’t skip this step! To serve, the caramel must be re-warmed in order to loosen and allow cheesecake to be released from ramekin.)
- Serving Size 1 cheesecake
- Calories 167
- Carbohydrate Content 23 g
- Cholesterol Content 84 mg
- Fat Content 6 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 173 mg
- Sugar Content 22 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g