Cheesecake Cups with Passion Fruit Coulis
This quick and easy dessert has a certain delicacy to it. What it (thankfully) lacks in calories – only 119! – it makes up for in nutritional heft, thanks to potent passion fruit.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Love this passion fruit coulis dessert? Check out more sweet treats here.
Nutritional Bonus: Four ounces of passion fruit will give you, among other nutrients, 12 grams of fiber (that’s 30 to 40% of your recommended daily intake, depending on gender), nearly 12 % of your daily requirement of potassium (important for how your body handles fluids and may play a role in blood pressure) and 24 milligrams of vitamin C (helps maintain the integrity of your bones, tendons, teeth, circulatory system and muscles).
CHOOSING PASSION FRUIT:
Look for firm fruits with no black marks, then ripen at home in a brown bag. They’re ready when the skin has shriveled. Will store in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 weeks.
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 6 purple passion fruits, divided
- 8 oz low-fat plain cream cheese
- 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup organic evaporated cane juice
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Prepare coulis: In a small saucepan on medium heat, combine honey with 2 tbsp water. Cut 2 passion fruits in half and scoop out pulp (including seeds) from each into pan. Bring to a simmer, stirring constantly, until syrupy in consistency, about 60 to 90 seconds. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with large paper liners.
- Place a strainer over a bowl. Cut remaining 4 passion fruits in half and scoop out pulp from each into strainer. Using a rubber spatula, press pulp through strainer to separate seeds from pulp; discard seeds. In the bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade, combine remaining ingredients with strained pulp and pulse until very smooth. Divide mixture evenly between prepared muffin cups and bake for 20 to 22 minutes, until set. Remove from oven and let cool completely at room temperature. Top each with 1 tsp Passion Fruit Coulis and serve.
- Serving Size 1 cheesecake cup with 1 tsp coulis
- Calories 119
- Carbohydrate Content 14 g
- Cholesterol Content 46 mg
- Fat Content 4 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 82 mg
- Sugar Content 12 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g