Collard Salad with Tahini Dressing
Yes, you can enjoy collard greens raw. Just like kale, all it needs is a little massage to break down its fibers and soften it up. Consider wearing food-safe gloves, as the turmeric could stain your hands.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp water
- ½ tbsp tahini
- ½ tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp each ground turmeric and cumin
- ⅛ tsp ground black pepper
- 3 cups finely sliced collard greens
- 3½ oz organic extra-firm tofu, cubed
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine all dressing ingredients.
- Place collard greens in a bowl and pour dressing over top. Using your hands, massage dressing into collard greens until softened, 2 minutes.
- Top greens with tofu, bell pepper, carrot, celery and sesame seeds.
- Serving Size 1 recipe
- Calories 500
- Carbohydrate Content 34 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 34 g
- Fiber Content 13 g
- Protein Content 21 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 108 mg
- Sugar Content 13 g