Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
1. In a large pot, cook pasta according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, lightly beat eggs with a fork. Add cream and cheese and stir to combine.
3. In a large skillet on medium- high, heat one-half of oil. Add leeks and one-half of salt; cook, stirring frequently, until very soft, 10 to 12 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, 1 minute. Transfer leek mixture to a plate and keep warm.
4. Sprinkle scallops with remaining one-half of salt and pepper. Return to stove on medium-high and heat remaining one-half of oil. Add scallops and cook, turning once, until browned, 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
5. Drain pasta, reserving ½ cup pasta water, and return to pot. Toss leeks, peas and lemon zest with pasta. Slowly add cream mixture, tossing to combine. Add reserved water, 1 tbsp at a time, until sauce reaches desired consistency.
- Serving Size ¼ of recipe
- Calories 518
- Carbohydrate Content 49 g
- Cholesterol Content 159 mg
- Fat Content 22 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 30 g
- Saturated Fat Content 10 g
- Sodium Content 655 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 8 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g