Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Frozen treats are the best kind of snack for warm weather, but the same old Bomb Pops can give you flavor fatigue real fast. These frozen banana pops are creamy, nutty, and chocolatey, but also pack a punch of potassium. While this recipe calls for shredded coconut and chopped nuts, you can add whatever other toppings your heart desires.
Try drizzling melted peanut butter overtop of the banana pops, or even crushed pretzels for added texture.
Love bananas and want more? Try our banana bread recipe!
- Gently push a wooden stick into cut end of each banana. In a small bowl, combine milk, peanut butter and maple syrup until smooth. Pour toppings onto a plate.
- Holding 1 banana pop over bowl,spoon peanut butter mixture over top of it to cover all sides, letting excess drip off. Hold coated banana over plate and evenly spoon toppings over it until covered. Lay coated banana on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Repeat with remaining bananas and ingredients. Cover and freeze until firm, about 4 hours. Transfer to a zip-top freezer bag or container and keep frozen for up to 2 months.
- Serving Size 1 pop
- Calories 169
- Carbohydrate Content 21.5 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 11 mg
- Sugar Content 12 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 3 g