Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a food processor, pulse cauliflower until cut into very
small, rice-sized bits. Transfer to a large bowl, and toss with oil, salt and pepper. Spread cauliflower on prepared baking sheet and roast
20 minutes, tossing halfway through and smoothing back out on baking sheet.
3. In large bowl, combine flaxseed meal, rice flour, arrowroot, yeast and garlic powder. Add cooked cauliflower and toss to combine. In a small bowl, whisk together tahini and 2 tbsp water. Add tahini mixture to cauliflower, then knead by hand to fully incorporate. Shape into a compact ball.
4. Turn baking sheet facedown. Lay parchment paper on back side, and mist with cooking spray. Place dough ball in center of sheet, and lay second piece of parchment on top. Press to slightly flatten, and use a rolling pin to smooth out into a 9-inch circle. Peel away top layer of parchment (reserve for next step), and use your fingers to smooth and round dough edges. Bake 18 to 20 minutes, or until edges are slightly browned and crispy.
5. Remove pizza crust from oven, and cover with reserved parchment. Place a second baking sheet on top, right side up. Sandwich the crust between baking sheets, flip everything over, and remove hot baking sheet and top parchment. Top crust with desired toppings – here we’ve added pesto, zucchini, red onion, mushrooms and pine nuts – and bake 5 minutes more, or until toppings are hot and bubbly. Cut into 8 slices.
- Serving Size 2 slices
- Calories 213
- Carbohydrate Content 24 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 151 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 5 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 4 g