Granola-topped Apricot & Plum Bowl with Tahini Yogurt Dressing
Inspired by the Middle Eastern tradition of mixing sweet fruits with savory foods like tahini, this fresh bowl is ideal for serving at your next barbecue or breakfast. Garnish with a little citrus zest for extra brightness.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 1/2 egg white (about 1 tbsp)
- 1 tsp raw honey (TRY: Wholesome! Organic Raw Honey)
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup unsalted shelled pistachios, chopped
- 3 tbsp rolled oats
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Pinch ground cayenne pepper
- 1½ tsp tahini paste
- 2 tbsp full-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 apricots or peaches, pitted and cut into thin wedges
- 2 plums, pitted and cut into thin wedges
1. Prepare granola: Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8- or 9-inch pie plate with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, whisk egg white, honey and oil until combined. Add pistachios, oats, sesame seeds, coriander, salt and cayenne. Spread evenly on pie plate and bake, stirring halfway, until golden brown, about 15 minutes. (MAKE AHEAD: Granola can be made up to 1 week ahead and stored in an airtight container.)
2. Meanwhile, prepare dressing: In a medium bowl, whisk together tahini and 4 tsp water until smooth. Add yogurt and lemon juice; whisk until smooth.
3. Divide apricots and plums among bowls. Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with granola.
- Serving Size ¼ of recipe
- Calories 129
- Carbohydrate Content 13 g
- Cholesterol Content 1 mg
- Fat Content 4 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 132 mg
- Sugar Content 1 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 4 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g