Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Rub bell pepper with 1/4 tsp oil. Place on a large, rimmed baking sheet and roast for about 20 minutes, until tender and skin is blistered. Transfer to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let cool. Remove skin and seeds, then cut into quarters. Set aside. Keep oven at 400°F.
- Meanwhile, bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add corn and boil for 3 minutes. Remove from water and set aside until cool enough to handle. Care-fully cut off kernels from cobs, discarding cobs. Set aside.
- Prepare salsa verde: In a small bowl, combine cilantro, parsley, lime zest and juice, garlic, black pepper and remaining 2 3/4 tsp oil.
- On a work surface, lay out 3 pieces of corn husk, overlapping the long edges. Overlapping with bottom ends of first 3 pieces, lay out 3 more pieces of husk. (NOTE: If using smaller husks, you may need more to cover chicken. If husks are stiff, try soaking them briefly in hot water to make them more pliable.) Place a chicken breast across the middle of husks and spread an eighth of salsa into butterfly opening. Stuff with a quarter each of bell pepper, corn kernels and cheese. Close butterfly to cover stuffing. Rub top of chicken with another eighth of salsa. Fold over ends of husk and use twine to wrap around chicken to hold husk in place. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Transfer chicken to a large rimmed baking sheet and roast until chicken is cooked through and an instant-read thermometer inserted into center registers 165°F, about 30 minutes. Unwrap husks carefully before serving.
- Serving Size 1 stuffed chicken breast
- Calories 260
- Carbohydrate Content 11 g
- Cholesterol Content 81 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 32 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 178 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g