Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Video: Dijon Sirloin Roast
Impress guests with Chef Jo’s juicy roasted, topped with an herb-laced Dijon rub!
- Preheat oven to 325˚F.
- With paper towel, pat beef dry. Rub 1 tbsp oil over both sides of beef and season with salt and pepper.
- Prepare Mustard Rub: In a small bowl, combine garlic, Dijon, parsley, rosemary and sage. Stir to combine and add lemon juice, 1 tbsp oil and pepper, to taste.
- In a cast iron skillet, heat remaining 1 tbsp oil on medium-high. Add beef and sear on all sides until browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove from heat, place on a cutting board and brush Mustard Rub over top and sides of roast. Return to skillet and transfer to oven for about 20 minutes per lb (1 hour total for a 3 lb roast). (Alternatively, cook until an instant-read thermometer registers 145 F for medium-rare, 160 F for medium or 170 F for well done when inserted into center of beef). Remove from oven, cover loosely with foil and let rest for about 10 minutes. Remove strings and serve.
- Serving Size 2 2-oz slices Sirloin Roast with Mustard Rub
- Calories 186
- Carbohydrate Content 2 g
- Cholesterol Content 48 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 25 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 224 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g