Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Tip: Make these biscuits into sandwiches with almond butter and banana slices for a quick breakfast on the go.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Meanwhile, prepare biscuits: In a large mixing bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
2. Using a fork, cut coconut oil into flour mixture. Once incorporated, make a well in the center of the mixture and add in ½ cup coconut milk, jam, ginger and vinegar; whisk together.
3. Combine wet with dry ingredients and knead until it forms a sticky dough. Chill dough in the refrigerator for 10 minutes. Using floured hands, roll 12 balls and place on parchment-lined baking sheets; flatten each slightly. Top with diced strawberries then brush with 2 tbsp coconut milk and sprinkle with cinnamon.
4. Bake for 13 to 15 minutes, until golden brown. Set aside to cool. Drizzle Cashew Cream Icing (if using) over biscuits.
Cashew Cream Icing (optional) – To a food processor or high-powered blender, add all ingredients plus 2 tbsp water. Process or blend until smooth and drizzle over biscuits. If not eating right away, store in a resealable container in the refrigerator.
- Serving Size 1 biscuit
- Calories 222
- Carbohydrate Content 23 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 12 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 10 g
- Sodium Content 167 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 1 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g