Tomato Jalapeño Ceviche
Ceviche is a refreshing South American raw fish salad with tomato, chiles, cilantro and lime juice. We use cod, but any fresh fish will work.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 1 lb boneless, skinless cod fillets, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 3/4 cup fresh lime juice (about 6 limes)
- Pinch sea salt or kosher salt, plus additional, to taste
- 2 vine tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 jalapeño chile pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 cup loosely packed chopped fresh cilantro
- Place bowls in freezer to chill.
- In a large stainless steel, glass or ceramic bowl, add cod, lime juice and pinch salt; toss gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 20 to 30 minutes, until cod is opaque throughout and springy to the touch.
- Drain and discard lime juice from cod. Return cod to bowl and add tomatoes, jalapeño, onion and cilantro. Season with additional salt and toss gently to combine. Serve immediately in chilled bowls.
- Serving Size 1/2 cup
- Calories 56
- Carbohydrate Content 2 g
- Cholesterol Content 24 mg
- Fat Content 0.5 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 63 mg
- Sugar Content 1 g