Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Wrap each squash half in foil and place on baking sheet. Bake until squash flesh is soft when poked with a fork, about 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large, deep skillet on medium-high, heat oil. Add onion, shiitake and cremini mushrooms, salt and pepper and sauté for 5 minutes. Add turkey and cook for 5 minutes, breaking up with a wooden spoon. Add tomato paste, thyme and smoked paprika. Stir to combine and cook for 3 minutes more.
- Stir in marinara, coconut aminos and vinegar. Add bay leaf, cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 25 minutes. Stir in ¼ cup nutritional yeast. Remove bay leaf.
- To serve, divide turkey mixture among roasted squash halves. Top with remaining 1 tbsp nutritional yeast and basil.
NOTE: If following our meal plan, refrigerate roasted acorn squash halves and turkey mixture separately and reheat when called for.
- Serving Size ½ squash and 1 cup ragu
- Calories 442
- Carbohydrate Content 43 g
- Cholesterol Content 84 mg
- Fat Content 18 g
- Fiber Content 9 g
- Protein Content 33 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 444 mg
- Sugar Content 10 g