Umami Mushroom & Chicken Rolls with Bean Sprouts
Dried shiitake mushrooms add delicious savory flavor to this protein-rich roll with chicken.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Find more lunch ideas here!
- 1 oz dried shiitake mushrooms
- 4 8-inch rounds rice paper
- 4 oz cooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, shredded
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- In a heat-proof bowl, add mushrooms and cover with boiling water. Let stand for 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, scoop out mushrooms and finely slice. Discard water.
- Cover a small tray with wax paper or parchment. Fill a large bowl with warm water. Dip 1 round rice paper in water until just softened and pliable, 8 to 10 seconds. Lay flat on a wooden cutting board. In a row in the center, place one-quarter each of chicken, mushrooms, bean sprouts, cabbage and basil, leaving a 2-inch border. Fold in sides, then roll forward tightly and lay on prepared tray. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Slice each roll in half before serving.
- Serving Size 2 rolls
- Calories 240
- Carbohydrate Content 33 g
- Cholesterol Content 48 mg
- Fat Content 3 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 24 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 86 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g