Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Pomegranate Tahini Sauce, Raisins & Hazelnuts
This showstopping cauliflower dish is smothered in a crowd-pleasing tahini sauce. Crunchy nuts, sweet raisins and fresh herbs lend even more taste and texture to this incredibly delicious side or vegetarian main.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 1 head cauliflower, green leaves trimmed, bottom sliced flat so cauliflower can stand upright
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 1/4 tsp sea salt, divided
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup fresh dill
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup roasted and skinned hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup unsulfured green raisins (or dried unsweetened currants), soaked in warm water 15 minutes, drained
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a small
baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large saucepan, place a steamer
basket and a few inches of water.
Bring to a boil on medium. Carefully
place cauliflower in steamer basket,
cover and simmer for 7 minutes.
2. Transfer cauliflower onto
prepared baking sheet. In a small
bowl, combine oil and paprika.
Brush all over outside of cauliflower.
Sprinkle with ¾ tsp salt and pepper
to taste. Roast until very tender and
golden brown, about 45 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in a medium
bowl, whisk tahini, lemon juice,
pomegranate molasses, garlic,
remaining ½ tsp salt and enough
water to make a pourable sauce
(start with 2 tbsp water, adding
more as needed).
4. Place cauliflower on a rimmed
plate or shallow bowl; arrange herbs
around. Sprinkle with hazelnuts and
raisins. Drizzle with sauce, reserving
extra sauce for dipping. Sprinkle
with pomegranate seeds.
- Serving Size 1/6 of recipe
- Calories 243
- Carbohydrate Content 22 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 16 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 444 mg
- Sugar Content 10 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 8 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 5 g