Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Nutritional Bonus: While dark chocolate, like the chocolate in our almond butter cookies, contains potent antioxidants, think twice before enjoying it with milk. Researchers have found that the bittersweet treat’s free radical fighters may bind with the protein in milk, interfering with antioxidant absorption and possibly negating any associated health benefits.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a medium bowl, stir together first 5 ingredients until blended. Stir in chocolate.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes. Remove to a wire rack and let cool for 15 more minutes.
- Serving Size 1 cookie
- Calories 110
- Carbohydrate Content 10 g
- Cholesterol Content 10 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1.5 g
- Sodium Content 55 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g