Arugula & Brussels Sprouts Chicken Salad
This simple salad is jam-packed with textures and flavors that makes every bite varied and satisfying.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Pine nuts are edible seeds that come from the cones of pine trees, making them labor-intensive to produce. Not surprisingly, they’re expensive to buy. But they’re also full of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. They also provide you with long-lasting energy boost
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice, divided
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tsp dried rosemary
- 1½ tsp each sea salt and ground black pepper, divided
- 4 5-oz boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 8 cups loosely packed arugula
- 8 cups shaved Brussels sprouts
- 1 avocado, diced
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup pine nuts, toasted
1. In a sealable bag or dish, combine lemon zest, half of lemon juice, avocado oil, garlic, rosemary and
two-thirds of each salt and pepper. Add chicken and turn to coat with marinade. Seal container and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours.
2. Preheat oven to 450°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Remove chicken from marinade and place on baking sheet; bake until cooked through, 25 minutes. Remove from oven and cut into slices.
3. Meanwhile, prepare vinaigrette:
In a bowl, whisk together remaining half of lemon juice, olive oil, honey
and remaining one-third of each salt and pepper.
4. To make 1 serving, toss together one-quarter of each arugula, Brussels sprouts and vinaigrette. Place in a bowl and top with one-quarter of chicken, avocado, Parmesan and pine nuts.
- Serving Size ¼ of recipe
- Calories 889
- Carbohydrate Content 35 g
- Cholesterol Content 86 mg
- Fat Content 67 g
- Fiber Content 11 g
- Protein Content 45 g
- Saturated Fat Content 10 g
- Sodium Content 697 mg
- Sugar Content 16 g