Bitter Greens Salad with Egg
Reach for bitter greens such as radicchio, endive, dandelion or frisée to make this fresh salad that's topped with cooked eggs for a bonus protein kick.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Want to experiment with different greens? See more options here.
- 4 large eggs
- 1/8 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp raw honey
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- Sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lb bitter greens (CE's Pick: radicchio, endive, dandelion or frisée)
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Shaved Parmesan cheese for garnish, optional
- To a saucepan, add eggs with enough cold water to cover; set on medium-high and bring to a boil. Set timer for 10 minutes; drain and let sit 1 minute. Refresh under cold water and peel. Coarsely chop 2 eggs; quarter remaining 2 eggs.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together oil, vinegars, honey, garlic, salt and pepper. Add greens, onions, oregano and parsley and toss to coat. Add chopped eggs to bowl, season with salt and pepper and toss. Turn onto a large platter or divide among plates and top with egg quarters. Garnish with Parmesan (if using).
- Serving Size 1½ cups
- Calories 181
- Carbohydrate Content 8 g
- Cholesterol Content 211 mg
- Fat Content 12 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 128 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g