Blue Cheese-Stuffed Steak with Creamy Greens
The tantalizing aroma of juicy steak and salty blue cheese is bound to have everyone's mouths watering from the minute it hits the skillet. Luckily for you, the wait doesn’t last long – this decadent meal will be on the table in just 35 minutes!
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Find more quick & easy meals here!
- 3/4 lb boneless sirloin steak, trimmed and quartered
- 2 slices whole-grain bread
- 2 oz blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1 lb collard greens, rinsed and chopped (NOTE: Do not pat dry.)
- 1 red bell pepper, minced
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- With a sharp paring knife, cut a large, deep pocket in one side of each piece of steak; do not cut completely through steak.
- In a food processor, process bread into fine crumbs. In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs and blue cheese, mixing with your fingers to incorporate. Stuff steaks with cheese mixture, pushing firmly into each pocket. Season steaks with black pepper.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil on medium. Add steaks and cook for 3 minutes. Flip steaks, cover skillet and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for 4 minutes. Flip steaks, cover and cook for 3 minutes, until light pink throughout, juices run clear and an instant-read thermometer registers at least 145˚F when inserted in center. Transfer to a plate and tent loosely with foil.
- Increase heat on skillet to medium. Add greens and bell pepper and sauté, stirring often, until greens wilt, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cottage cheese. Divide steak and greens among serving plates.
- Serving Size 1/4 of steak and 1 cup greens
- Calories 294
- Carbohydrate Content 16 g
- Cholesterol Content 54 mg
- Fat Content 12 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 30 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 328 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 4 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g