Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Learn about common Thai ingredients and how to use them.
- In a large bowl, combine noodles with enough very hot tap water to cover. Soak until pliable, about 30 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a small cup, combine tamarind, fish sauce, sugar and 1 tbsp hot water and stir to dissolve; set aside near the stove.
- In a wok or large sauté pan on medium-high, heat oil. Add garlic and chile pepper and stir-fry until fragrant, 10 seconds. Add pork and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add bok choy and bell pepper and stir-fry until tender, 2 minutes.
- Push meat and vegetables to the side of the wok. Add eggs and stir-fry until just cooked, 1 minute.
- Add noodles and fish sauce mixture to the wok and stir-fry everything together until the noodles sear in places and soften a little, 1 to 2 minutes. Add ¼ cup onions, ½ cup bean sprouts and dried shrimp and stir-fry for 1 minute. Divide among bowls and top with remaining ¼ cup onions, ½ cup bean sprouts and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.
- Serving Size 12/3 cups
- Calories 406
- Carbohydrate Content 56 g
- Cholesterol Content 133 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 22 g
- Saturated Fat Content 6.5 g
- Sodium Content 400 mg
- Sugar Content 8 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g