Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
If you don’t have a spiralizer for zucchini noodles, use a vegetable peeler to make long ribbons, then stack and slice into shorter strips.
- Prepare sauce: To a jar with a tight-fitting lid, add all sauce ingredients. Seal and shake until blended. (TIP: If your almond butter is too thick, use a spoon or whisk to blend the dressing.)
- Prepare stir-fry: In a large nonstick skillet on high, heat one-half of olive oil. Add chicken and cook, undisturbed, 2 to 3 minutes, until golden. Flip chicken and cook another 5 minutes, until cooked through. Transfer to a plate.
- To same skillet, heat remaining one-half of olive oil. Add carrots and cashews; sauté for 2 minutes. Add zucchini noodles, mushrooms and onions; sauté for 5 more minutes, or until vegetables are tender-crisp. Return chicken to skillet and add sauce. Toss to coat and heat through.
NOTE: If following our Meal Plan, refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container and reheat when called for.
- Serving Size ¼ of recipe
- Calories 455
- Carbohydrate Content 18 g
- Cholesterol Content 160 mg
- Fat Content 25 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 40 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 370 mg
- Sugar Content 8 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 13 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 6 g