Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Find more chicken recipes here.
Recipe and image from Cuisine at Home
- In a dry nonstick skillet on medium-high, toast tortillas, about 2 minutes per side. Crumble into small pieces.
- In a medium bowl, combine chile powder, cumin, oregano, coriander and salt; add chicken and toss to coat.
- In a Dutch oven on medium, heat oil. Add chicken and cook, stirring occasionally until browned, 5 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate. Add white onion, bell pepper and garlic to pot and cover. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Sprinkle flour over onion mixture and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Add broth and cook, stirring constantly for 1 minute. Add milk and stir to combine. Return chicken and any juices to pot. Add corn, chiles and crumbled tortillas. Stir gently, cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in lime juice, green onions and cilantro.
- Serving Size 2 1/4 cups
- Calories 476
- Carbohydrate Content 53 g
- Cholesterol Content 95 mg
- Fat Content 14 g
- Fiber Content 10 g
- Protein Content 38 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 642 mg
- Sugar Content 16 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g