Chocolate Cherry Almond Nice Cream
Dark sweet cherries, frozen bananas and dark chocolate combine to create a luscious, rich dairy-free dessert.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Health Benefit: Dark sweet cherries are a natural source of melatonin, a phytochemical compound that helps regulate your sleep-wake cycle and boost immunity.
1 15-oz BPA-free can full-fat coconut milk
2 cups sliced and frozen bananas
⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
⅓ cup natural smooth almond butter
3 Medjool dates, pitted
2 tbsp pure maple syrup
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 cup frozen dark sweet cherries, chopped + 2 tbsp for garnish
slivered almonds, for garnish, optional
cacao nibs, for garnish, optional
1. Line an 8 x 8-inch baking pan with parchment paper. In a high-powered blender or food processor, purée coconut milk, bananas, cocoa powder, almond butter, dates, maple syrup and vanilla until smooth. Pour into baking pan.
2. Stir in 1 cup cherries. Garnish with additional cherries and, if using, top with slivered almonds and cacao nibs. Cover and freeze for at least 2 hours. If freezing for longer, thaw in the refrigerator for 15 to 30 minutes to soften slightly.
- Serving Size 1 cup
- Calories 397
- Carbohydrate Content 40 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 27 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content 16 g
- Sodium Content 16 mg
- Sugar Content 23 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 6.5 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 3 g