Need an Energy Pick-Me-Up? Snack on These Chocolate Goji Berry Nut Clusters
These bite-sized chocolatey clusters may be small, but they can give you the energy boost you need (and satisfy those sweets cravings!)
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
If you’ve been searching for the perfect snack, you just might’ve found it. These Chocolate Goji Berry Nut Clusters are everything you could want in a one-bite snack: They’re sweet, a little indulgent, crunchy and super satisfying. They’ll even increase your energy, helping to perk you up when you’re feeling sluggish or find yourself yawning yet again.
What is it about these deliciously chocolatey clusters that can rev up your energy? It’s the goji berries! Tiny but mighty, goji berries pack a wallop of goodness into their small packages. Along with boosting energy, science says the antioxidant-rich superfood may also improve your mood and digestive health. But while the berries are great on their own, the combo of goji berries, rich dark chocolate and nuts in these bite-sized treats is a snack trifecta ,without the blood sugar spike.
Instead of relying on cups of coffee this week, make a batch of these Chocolate Goji Berry Nut Clusters. You can reach for one any time you’re craving something crunchy or sweet – or when you feel your energy starting to flag during that afternoon slump. They’re even convenient to carry with you on the go.
For more energizing (and chocolate-covered!) snack ideas, you can also try:
- Nutty Chocolate Fig Bars
- Dark Chocolate Cherry Hazelnut Energy Balls
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Bars
- Raw Energy Bites
Chocolate Goji Berry Nut Clusters
- 1 10-oz bag semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 oz dark chocolate (at least 70% cacao), chopped
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1⁄2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups roughly chopped salted mixed nuts, divided
- 1⁄2 cup dried goji berries, divided
- Create a double boiler by filling a medium saucepan with 1 inch of water; bring to a simmer. In a heat-proof bowl, combine chocolate chips, chopped chocolate and coconut oil. Place bowl over simmering water (do not let the bowl touch the water). Cook, stirring occasionally, until chocolate is melted and smooth, 5 to 8 minutes. Remove bowl from pan; stir in vanilla.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment. Set aside 1 tbsp each of chopped nuts and goji berries. Add remaining nuts and berries to chocolate mixture; stir until everything is coated in chocolate. Using a small scoop or 2 tablespoons, portion mixture into about 24 clusters; place on lined baking sheet. Sprinkle reserved nuts and goji berries on top. Refrigerate until firm, at least 1 hour.
- Serve, or transfer to a container, cover and refrigerate to serve later.
- Serving Size 1 cluster
- Calories 148
- Carbohydrate Content 11 g
- Cholesterol Content 14 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 35 mg
- Sugar Content 9 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 5 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g