Transfer your cranberry compote recipe to an 8-oz glass jar. Place lid on top. Secure a square of festive fabric with a ribbon over lid.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Find more breakfast recipes
- 2 cups fresh or frozen, thawed cranberries
- 2/3 cup pure maple syrup
- To a small saucepan, add cranberries, maple syrup and 1 cup water. Simmer for 25 minutes or until a sauce-like consistency has been reached.
- Transfer to a 12-oz glass jar. Compote will keep in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days, or in the freezer for up to 1 month. (NOTE: To preserve compote without the need for refrigeration, follow proper canning procedures.)
- Serving Size 2 tbsp
- Calories 27
- Carbohydrate Content 7 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 0 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 0 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g