Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a 9-inch square baking pan with parchment paper.
2. In a small bowl, combine almond flour, arrowroot, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, maple syrup, butter, egg and 2 tsp water. In a small cup, combine espresso and vanilla; stir until espresso dissolves. Stir espresso mixture into butter mixture. Fold in flour mixture, then chocolate and hazelnuts. Transfer to prepared pan and spread evenly.
3. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until cracking around edges but still soft in the middle. Set aside to cool, then cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before cutting into 16 squares. Store leftovers covered in the fridge.
- Serving Size 1 square
- Calories 195
- Carbohydrate Content 22 g
- Cholesterol Content 19 mg
- Fat Content 12 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 80 mg
- Sugar Content 16 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 6 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g