Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Find more taco recipes here.
- Prepare salsa: Preheat oven to 400°F. Wrap beet in foil and place on a baking sheet. Bake until a paring knife slips easily into center of beet, about 45 minutes. Unwrap beet, and when cool enough to handle, push skin off with your fingers and discard. Finely chop beet and combine with remaining salsa ingredients; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a glass or stainless steel bowl or a zip-top bag, combine sriracha, oregano, lime juice and black pepper. Add steak and rub marinade into meat. Marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, or up to 3 hours.
- Heat a grill or grill pan on medium-high. Grill tortillas in batches until warm and pliable, about 1 minute per side. Stack tortillas and wrap in foil; set aside.
- Remove steak from marinade, shaking off excess. To grill or grill pan on medium-high, add steak and grill until medium-rare, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Let steak rest on a cutting board for 5 minutes. Thinly slice against the grain, then chop into small pieces. Divide steak, lettuce and salsa among tortillas.
- Serving Size 2 tacos with toppings
- Calories 365
- Carbohydrate Content 33 g
- Cholesterol Content 69 mg
- Fat Content 1 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 26 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 317 mg
- Sugar Content 8 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 8 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g