Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- Prepare Sweet Potato Tots: Preheat oven to 350 ̊F. Line a large baking sheet with foil and mist with cooking spray. In a medium bowl, mix potatoes, 2 tbsp each jalapeño and cilantro, flour, 1 tbsp yellow onion, paprika, garlic powder and 1⁄4 tsp black pepper until well combined. Stir in oil. Scoop 1 tbsp mixture and use your hands to form into a cylinder; transfer to sheet. Repeat with remaining potato mixture, leaving 1 inch between each. Bake for 15 minutes, then sprinkle with salt, to taste, and rotate baking sheet in oven. Bake for 15 to 20 more minutes, until golden. Let cool on sheet for 3 to 4 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix beef, 1/3 cup yellow onion, 2 tbsp each jalapeño and cilantro, sesame seeds, flaxseeds, 1/2 tsp black pepper and 1/4 tsp salt until well combined. Divide into 4 3/4- to 1-inch thick patties; use your thumb to form a slight indent in center of each. Mist a grill pan with cooking spray and heat on medium-high (or use an outdoor grill). Transfer patties to pan and cook, turning once, until cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, prepare sauce: In a small bowl, whisk mustard and honey. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Divide patties among sandwich flats and top with sauce, tomato, avocado and red onion. Serve with Sweet Potato Tots.
- Serving Size 1 burger and 1/4 of sweet potato tots
- Calories 422
- Carbohydrate Content 49 g
- Cholesterol Content 62 mg
- Fat Content 13 g
- Fiber Content 11 g
- Protein Content 31 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 486 mg
- Sugar Content 13 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g