Lemon Pancakes with Blueberry Chia Jam
Lemons and blueberries are one of those “better together” flavor duos — each helps the other taste even more delicious.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
When making these zippy lemon pancakes with their almond flour base, make sure all your wet ingredients are as close to room temperature as possible for even blending.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 scoop collagen peptides (about 1 ½ tbsp per scoop)
- 1 ½ tbsp arrowroot starch
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ⅛ tsp sea salt
- ¼ unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ tbsp raw honey
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- ½ tbsp chia seeds
- 1-2 tbsp water
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together almond flour, collagen, arrowroot, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together almond milk, egg, lemon zest, lemon juice, honey and vanilla. Add wet ingredients to dry; whisk until combined. Let mixture sit for 10 minutes to thicken.
- Meanwhile, make jam: To a small saucepan on medium-low, add blueberries, chia seeds and water. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture takes on jam-like texture, about 10 minutes.
- In a large nonstick skillet on medium, heat oil. Working in batches, spoon 2 tbsp batter onto skillet per pancake. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until edges become slightly crisp. Flip and continue to cook for another 2 to 3 minutes, until golden. Repeat until all the batter is used up, regreasing skillet as needed. Serve warm pancakes topped with jam.
NOTE: If following our Meal Plan, refrigerate pancakes and jam separately in airtight containers. Reheat and assemble when called for.
- Serving Size ½ of recipe
- Calories 452
- Carbohydrate Content 31 g
- Cholesterol Content 93 mg
- Fat Content 40 g
- Fiber Content 9 g
- Protein Content 21 g
- Saturated Fat Content 9 g
- Sodium Content 346 mg
- Sugar Content 13 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 20 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 8 g